• Develop and implement plans and objectives for the department in an effective and innovative fashion.
• Oversee and coordinate daily operations of reports.
• Maintain compliance with external regulations and internal policies.
• Assess and report (as determined by VP) progress in meeting department objectives.
• Develop bench strength for succession planning.
Develops, implements and manages strategies, policies, and procedures for all facets of human resource and management including: staffing, training, compensation, benefits administration, performance evaluation, and legal compliance. Provides HR support to all managers and supervisors.
1. Analyzes the Company’s human resource management needs in relation to Company goals. Communicates frequently with executive management to keep informed of current needs. Develops and implements appropriate HR strategies and action plans.
2. Oversees the provision of all HR services including: staffing support, training and development, compensation, benefits administration, workers compensation administration, personnel record keeping, and labor law compliance. Assesses the effectiveness of HR services and initiates programs to continually improve the results of these services.
3. Conducts wage and benefit analysis to ensure the company is offering compensation programs that are competitive in the marketplace. Designs and administers compensation programs designed to attract and retain quality employees. Approves starting wages and wage changes for new and existing employees.
4. Hires, trains, directs, and evaluates HR positions.
5. Communicates frequently with managers or supervisors to stay informed of their personnel support needs and issues. Counsels managers on appropriate options for addressing personnel issues.
6. Administers company benefits such as health, dental, life, and supplemental insurance, 401(k) plan, and COBRA; tracks and follows through on employee eligibility for benefits; distributes benefit information to eligible employees.
7. Monitors employee turnover to identify areas of weakness. Develops and implements strategies to improve retention, drive morale, and foster a culture of individual growth and prosperity.
8. Prepares and monitors the annual budget for the Human Resources Department. Approves HR expenditures.
9. Develops and implements company policies and procedures. Ensures that all personnel in a position of leadership are trained, understand, and enforce company policy and procedures. Provides guidance and support as needed. Monitors the effectiveness and of policies and procedures and makes recommendations for changes as needed.
10. Provides oversight for workers compensation programs. Participates in rate negotiation, claims prevention, reporting and processing.
11. Develops, implements and monitors policies and procedures to ensure regulations enforced by DOT, OSHA, TSA and other governmental agencies are followed.
MARGINAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assists with day to day operations to support the department when necessary.
2. Other duties as deemed necessary.
1. Ensure company compliance with employment laws and regulations.
2. Create a positive, safe and productive work atmosphere by communicating and behaving in a professional team-like manner with all other employees.
3. Keep informed of the latest developments in human resource management practices, safety practices and labor law (state and federal) through publications and seminars. Seek out and apply new and innovative ideas to human resource management practices.
4. Ensure that all personnel information is kept up-to-date, organized, and confidential.
Skills and Knowledge
1. A bachelors or masters degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration required.
2. Must have at least five years of HR generalist experience. A strong background in labor law, wage and benefits administration and organizational development preferred.
3. One year of HR experience in the ground transportation industry, including driver recruiting, training, and safety regulation compliance, preferred.
4. Must have ability to recommend appropriate initiatives and produce results with minimal direction from management.
5. Must posses excellent leadership, interpersonal organization, communication (written and verbal), analytical and decision making skills.
6. Must be proficient at using common PC word processing and spreadsheet software; Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel preferred. Ability to use and experience with data base software preferred.