Works under the supervision of the Accounting Supervisor. Takes lead on vendor calls, vendor credit cards, training, and scheduling. Performs all procedures necessary to ensure accuracy of patient billing and accounts payable/accounts receivable records. Performs necessary duties to document payment of patient accounts and responds to inquires made by patients to ensure accurate accounting of patient bills. Preparation of daily bank deposit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Attains completion of department goals/objectives as
identified at last performance appraisal.
* Reconciles account balances to spreadsheet balance on
assigned non-patient AR accounts.
* Keys non-patient charges and payments onto the appropriate
* Process invoices in accordance with established procedures (invoices are keyed by close on Wednesday, vendor setup and changes are done as required, obtain and maintain current IRS for W-9) and scans invoices or handles monies in accordance with good accounting practice and department policy and procedures (receives monies and issues receipts, makes change, disburses petty cash, clears cash drawer, prepares deposit, orders coin).
* Verify vendor statements, record and total cash receipts journal, records discounts and corrections weekly journal, process checks, add invoices, stuff checks with inserts, and distribute in accordance with established policy or maintenance of patient demographics, post daily and accurately the mail register on patient accounts, complete interdepartmental transfers, and complete credit card charges.
* Takes all vendor calls and delegates appropriately.
* Manages the vendor credit card payment and keeps outstanding payment to a minimum.
* Works with accounting clerks to ensure everyone is cross-trained in all job duties.
* Completes work schedule to ensure all areas are covered at all times.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School
Experience: Five or more years of office experience.
Interpersonal Skills: Relates well with staff, patient/families and visitors. Ability to obtain information and interpret information. Accountability for own conduct and promotes and supports positive working relationships among staff and others. Maintains confidentiality.