Electrical & Instrument Technician Internship:
Great River Energy is seeking an E&I Technician Internship at our Coal Creek Station in Underwood, ND. Will assist with routine and emergency maintenance on electrical, instrumentation, and control systems to ensure a safe, efficient and reliable electric plant operation. The duration of this internship will be the summer of 2020 (May – August).
Coal Creek Station is the state’s largest power plant, featuring two units with a generating capacity of more than 1,100 megawatts. The fuel source for the plant is lignite coal, supplied by the adjoining Falkirk Mine. Coal Creek Station has been a top performer in several national rankings of power plants as it is one of the most reliable and cost-efficient in the country.
• Perform calibration, predictive, and preventative maintenance on a variety of complex industrial electrical and instrument & control systems to ensure plant availability and to maximize efficiency
• Provide E&I assistance on new and existing plant equipment to ensure safe and efficient plant operations
• Assist in the completion of projects
• Must be enrolled in a two year associated degree OR within a Post-Secondary program.
• Focus within electrical, electronic, HVAC/refrigeration or instrumentation and controls.
• Have an overall GPA of at least 3.0
• $28.80 hourly wage
• $100 safety boot reimbursement (one-time)
• Monthly stipend
Great River Energy partners with Dakota Staffing Solutions
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript to: dakotastaffingsolutions.com
Dakota Staffing Solutions 701-751-7823
Application Deadline: February 10, 2020