Mechanical Maintenance Internship:
Great River Energy is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Internship at our Coal Creek Station in Underwood, ND. Will perform and assist in routine mechanical maintenance including inspections and repairs along with having the opportunity to be exposed to the utilities industry. The duration of this internship will be the summer of 2020 (May – August).
Coal Creek Station is the state’s largest power plant, featuring two units with a generating capacity of more than 1,100 megawatts. The fuel source for the plant is lignite coal, supplied by the adjoining Falkirk Mine. Coal Creek Station has been a top performer in several national rankings of power plants as it is one of the most reliable and cost-efficient in the country.
Performs routine mechanical maintenance work including inspection, repair and lubrication of plant equipment to ensure availability, reliability and to maximize efficiency of plant equipment and processes. Mechanical equipment projects may include but are not limited to:
• Boilers, Pulverizers, Conveyors, Pumps, Fans, Rigging, Gearboxes, Valves, Motors, Welding and Print Reading.
Performs project management assistance and coordination to facilitate safe, accurate, and efficient implementation. Assists with the installation of new replacement mechanical equipment and related components while insuring safe and reliable operations. Maintains proficiency through continuous learning and regulatory compliance from various agencies to ensure safety to self, others and equipment.
• Must be enrolled in a mechanical maintenance technology curriculum from an accredited institution. General mechanical knowledge and experience obtained through co-op, internship and/or work experience is preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Have an overall GPA of at least 3.0
• $28.15 hourly wage
• $100 safety boot reimbursement (one-time)
• Monthly Stipend
Great River Energy partners with Dakota Staffing Solutions
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript to: email@example.com
Dakota Staffing Solutions 701-751-7823
Application Deadline: February 10, 2020.